I received several practical questions about the tool lately, and I usually managed to surprise you by revealing some of the less-known features. So I figured it would be worth dedicating a post to the exact ways you can make your learning process more efficient by CheckDecide.
This post is going to be a bit tutorialish, but each of the following features can save you significant amount of time!
UPLOAD YOUR MARKED HANDS AND GET THEM REVIEWED BY YOUR FRIENDS!
The goal is to quickly find the hands where you disagree (you can probably have a valuable discussion on those) and skip the hands which you played the same way (probably there is little to gain).
- copy your questionable hands together to your clipboard
- click on the “Upload hands” button
- paste your hand histories and click on the Done button
- give it a title and click on the Done button
How to share your hand package?
- enter your hand package
- click on the SHARE button in the top-right corner of the replayer
- create link to your hand package
- send the link to your coach/friend
- they can click the hands through in seconds
How to check the suggestions of your friends?
- enter your hand package
- open the “multibar” by clicking on the red label in the top-right corner of the replayer:
- by default you see the average match values of all visitors compared with your original lines:
- if you are interested in the suggestions of one specific visitor, click on the “Avg match%” header and select that user:
Check which hands have low match value and focus your discussion on those!
USE THE FOLLOW BUTTON AND SEE ALL THE RELEVANT CONTENT IN ONE LIST!
- Visit profiles and click on the gold ’Follow!’ button!
- Check the FOLLOWED tab on your home page:
The list will contain all the content accessible from all the followed players. If any of them uploads a new content, that will appear on the top of your list!
Your friends and the guys who you already sent friend request to are automatically booked as followed users.
See this 1-minute tutorial vid for more details!
POST YOUR HANDS TO CHECKDECIDE'S DISCORD CHANNEL!
Unsure about a hand?
- upload it to CheckDecide
- click on the SHARE button and paste it’s link to our Discord channel!
- I personally review every hand and there are many other regulars to share their thoughts!
REVIEW TOURNAMENT RUNS AND HAND PACKAGES UPLOADED BY STEADY WINNERS!
If you have a coach, ask them to upload some of their deep runs to CheckDecide!
If the two of you make friendship in CheckDecide, and they set their upload to “FRIENDS” privacy, random visitors will not be able to access those hands!
If you don’t have a coach, you can still find a ton of valuable content!
Most of them are free, raw hand histories without any explanation, but there is a growing number of hand packages with detailed text and audio comments – these are generally payable, but very affordable.
E.g. here is a collection of shocking ICM spots with detailed explanations and HRC screenshots:
You can always find a ton of public deep runs on Andre Coimbra’s profile
Patrick Leonard also uploaded some nice scores when he created his course.
In case you are looking for low stakes tournament runs with DETAILED COMMENTARY, visit the ’CD_Original’ profile
If you happen to find a hand where the original play doesn’t make sense for you: click on the SHARE button, create a link to that one hand and post it to our Discord channel! We are happy to share our thoughts!
REVIEW YOUR OWN HAND PACKAGE!
This may sound wierd, but many advanced players mentioned me how surprisingly low their match% is when reviewing their own hands! I also recognized this, I often finish with ~80% total match on my own uploads!
Part of the deviation may come from special stats I might have seen in my HUD when playing the hand, but most of the alteration simply shows which are the spots where my auto pilot game is weak, therefore when I play tired or too many tables, I tend to make sloppy decisions – while with cool head, off-session I play them correctly. Highlighting these spots is really valuable, can boost your learning process significantly!
CREATE/SOLVE THEMATIC TESTS!
Unsure about cbetting out of position? How about the same in 3bet pots? Facing checkraises? Not checkraising enough yourself? Confused about limping/ minraising/ openjamming in bounty tournaments with 20-25 big-blinds? How about finding the best sizes to probe the turns? Do you barrel frequently enough on the river?
If you manage to identify a spot where you might be leaking, follow these steps:
- filter in your tracker program (HoldemManager/PokerTracker/Hand2Note) to that situation
- export/copy a bunch of those hands to your clipboard together
- upload them to CheckDecide as a hand package
At first you are going to see the hands as a normal CD hand package: you have to make decisions on all streets.
We want to focus on your potential leak, so transform it into a strict test:
- click on the red test icon in the header of the replayer
- select the street and the rank of action (e.g. flop checkraising is FLOP+2, as you want to focus on the second decision on the flop)
- click on ’Transform to test’ and Confirm
your thematic test is ready!
- send your test to your coach or to your poker friends and ask them to click through
BOOST YOUR PRIVATE COACHING SESSIONS!
If you are lucky enough to have a coach, CheckDecide offers a great way to make the most out of your private coachings!
Follow these steps:
Select ~50 hands, ideally of 1 standard spot (e.g. opening spots in a bounty tournament with 20-25bb stack: minraise/ limp/ openjam?)
Send the link of the hand package to your coach PRIOR TO the coaching session and ask him/her to click through the hand package PRIOR TO your session.
Clicking through the 50 hands will take them ~15 minutes, which you can deduct from your private coaching, making it 45 minutes instead of 60. You still going to be much more efficient!
Open the multibar and check their match percentages
ARRIVE TO THE COACHING SESSIONS PREPARED WITH DETAILED, WELL-STRUCTURED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE HANDS YOU PLAYED DIFFERENTLY!
I hope you have found this post useful, should you have any open question, bump me on Discord (Luigi#5756) or e-mail me to email@example.com!